When my husband was growing up, many Sundays his family would make Peanut Butter Balls. Last Saturday night while we were grocery shopping, he mentioned that he would like to have Peanut Butter Balls for dessert on Sunday. He told me that, as a kid, he used to make these by himself. It is the only recipe that he knows by heart! So my daughters made him some Peanut Butter Balls on Sunday. Our oldest son Dustin loves them too.
Recipe for Peanut Butter Balls
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup white corn syrup
1-1/3 cups peanut butter
7 cups Rice Krispies, Special K, or Corn Flakes cereal
Place all ingredients, except cereal in a medium sauce pan. Place cereal in large mixing bowl and set aside. Stir together the ingredients in the sauce pan and heat on medium heat. Cook on medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture boils. When it boils, take sauce pan off heat and pour the mixture onto the cereal. Mold into balls.
Red Couch Recipes Notes:
1. Do not use natural peanut butter in this recipe, especially the "stir" kind.
2. We used Corn Flakes, but my mother-in-law things Special K is best.
3. Make sure you stir while cooking so that the mixture doesn't brown on the bottom of the pan.
3. Butter your hands before you mold the balls.
4. These are best eaten within a few hours (that is never a problem at my home ;). They tend to harden up a bit if they are not eaten within a few hours.
Thanks for dropping by Red Couch Recipes.