Hi everyone and welcome to my "It's Your Wonderful Life" Party! As you might have guessed, this is my favorite Christmas movie. This movie was also a favorite with the star, Jimmy Stewart. The Merry Network has an interview with Jimmy Stewart, the star of "It's a Wonderful Life." I have used these quotes from the interview with the Merry Network's permission. You can click HERE to see the whole interview. "It's a Wonderful Life" Images from Google. The $75 CSN gift code winner is announed below, as well as details on the Mrs. Christmas Apron and the Link-Up for the "It's Your Wonderful Life" Party.
- "Production of It's a Wonderful Life started April 15, 1946, and from the beginning there was a certain something special about the film. Even the set was special. Two months had been spent creating the town of Bedford Falls, New York. For the winter scenes, the special effects department invented a new kind of realistic snow instead of using the traditional white cornflakes."
- "And although it earned several Oscar nominations, despite our high hopes it won nothing. "Best picture for 1946" went to The Best Years of Our Lives. By the end of 1947 the film was quietly put on the shelf. But a curious thing happened. The movie simply refused to stay on the shelf. Those who loved it loved it a lot, and they must have told others. They wouldn't let it die any more than the angel Clarence would let George Bailey die. When it began to be shown on televison, a whole new audience fell in love with it."
- "Today I've heard the filmed called "an American cultural phenomenon". Well, maybe so, but it seems to me there is nothing phenomenal about the movie itself. It's simply about an ordinary man who discovers that living each ordinary day honorably, with faith in God and selfless concern for others, can make for a truly wonderful life."
Thank you Jimmy for being such a great George Bailey!
Winner of $75 CSN Giveaway
The winner of the $75 CSN code is comment #42 Kelly Massman. Kelly is the host of an inspiring scrapbook blog entitled "Uniquely Me, Imperfections and All." Merry Christmas Kelly!
Mrs. Christmas Apron Giveaway Information
The new giveaway for this week is the Mrs. Christmas Apron. This is handcrafted by my very talented and creative sister Jacqueline who hosts the blog Purple Chocolat Home. It is made of Moda fabric designed by, for the most part, Kate Spain. Can't you just see Donna Reed, Mary, in the movie wearing this apron? I will place the Mrs. Christmas Apron in the mail on the 20th and with just a bit of Christmas Luck, you might get it before Christmas! This is the ultimate in Christmas aprons and I know the winner will love this WONDERFUL Mrs. Christmas Apron!
1. First Chance. You must be a GFC Follower of Red Couch Recipes. Tell me in the comment that you follow Red Couch Recipes. If you are not a current follower, you can sign up on the left hand side of my blog.
2. Second Chance. Follow my sister, who made the apron's blog and tell me that you are a follower in a comment. Why wouldn't you want to be a follower of my sister's blog? She has an incredible blog! Click HERE to follow Purple Chocolat Home. Stop by and say "hi" to her!
3. Third Chance: Post a picture of the Mrs. Christmas Apron on your Sidebar with a link back to this post. Please tell me that you posted this to your sidebar in a comment.
4. Fourth Chance: Post below anything WONDERFUl to the "It's Your Wonderful Life" Party. Please write in a comment the name of your post.
- Available only to those living in the United States and Canada.
- The Contest ends on Sunday, December 19th at 10 pm MST.
- The winner will be decided with the aid of Random.Org.
- I will notify the winner by e-mail so your e-mail must be visible on your blog or be posted in your comments.
"It's Your Wonderful Life" Linky Party