These cupcakes are a great way to celebrate summer coming to an end! We have made these on several occasions before, this time we made these for a friend who was celebrating her birthday. She had just been to the beach.
These are so fun and easy to make. I just love the Fruit Stripes gum. We found the Fruit Stripes gum at Winco (we live in the west), but you really could use any kind of gum. The "beach ball" is just a little gum ball. The parasols can be found at Hobby Lobby or other craft stores.
Directions for the Beach Cupcakes
1. Bake your favorite cupcakes.
2. Make a batch of buttercream frosting. Tint it light blue, ocean-colored.
3. Crush a sleeve of graham crackers.
4. Frost the cupcakes with the buttercream frosting for the water.
5. Dip half of the cupcakes in graham crackers for the sand.
5. Bend the Fruit Striped Gum into a beach chair, apply a little bit of frosting on he bottom of the chair.
6. Add the beach ball (bubble bum) to the cupcake with a little bit of frosting on the bottom.
7. Place the umbrella in the cupcake.