First I have provided information on the Kitchen Giveaway (five great items to choose from) and then I have provided the recipe and directions for the Strawberry Cake!
I am so pleased to be able to offer this great giveaway sponsored by CSN which has over 200 web-based stores. They have everything from Corner TV Stands to pots and pans. You will also find beds, toys, and exercise equipment. If there is something you are shopping for, please click on the link above to see an amazing collection of corner TV stands and racks and much, much more! I was very impressed with their wide variety of great and convenient corner TV stands. CSN provides free shipping on many items. Be sure to pay CSN stores a visit to show your appreciation for this amazing give away.
From the modest!
To the amazing!
They also have sideboards, buffets, consoles, and cooking racks.
1. Must be in continental USA or Canada. For Canadian entrants, please be aware that there may be international fees that may not be covered by this giveaway. For Massachusetts entrants, please be aware that sales tax may not be covered by this giveaway. Void where prohibited by law.
2. To be eligible for this giveaway, please leave a comment telling me which prize you would choose if you should win. There will be one prize awarded from the FIVE choices below. If your e-mail is not listed in your blog or if you do not have a blog, please leave me your e-mail address in the comment section so that I can contact you should you be the lucky winner! If I can't access your e-mail, you can't win.
3. Double your chances of winning by telling me in the comment that you are a follower. If you would like to become a new follower of Red Couch Recipes, please add your name to the Google Follower Gadget on the left side of my blog. You do not have to host a blog to be a follower.
4. One entry per household.
5. This giveaway will close on Friday, May 14, 2010 at 10 pm Mountain Standard Time. The winner will be randomly chosen. The Talent (a.k.a. my husband) will be in charge of the random drawing. The winner will be announced on my blog on Monday, May 17th 2010.
6. The prize will be awarded by CSN; I am not compensated for holding this giveaway. Should CSN be out of a particular item, you must make another choice. Of course, you can change your mind about which item you would like.
7. These items were chosen by me. They are similar things that I have in my kitchen or would like to have.
Please click on the red links to see the details of the available prizes.
Chef's Choice International Waffle Cone Maker Express
French Home Gourmet LaRochere 12 ounce Tumbler (set of 6) in Napoleonic Bee Motif
Chef's Choice International PizellePro Express Baker
There are other lovely colors too.
Cuisinart Deluxe Digital Kitchen Scale
Great Corner TV Stand!Now for a fun and easy springtime cake!
There are no complicated directions for this cake!
Make 2-layer cake of your choice. An angel food cake or white boxed-mix cake would be fine. Bake and cool cake layers on wire rack.
Make Strawberry Sauce:
1 pound of strawberries -- reserve a few to decorate top of cake
1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
Puree strawberries in blender. Put strawberry puree in small sauce pan and add sugar and cornstarch. Heat on medium until just barely boiling. Take off heat and cool.
Place bottom layer of cake on cakestand and spread strawberry sauce on top. Place second layer on top of bottom layer and spread strawberry sauce on top. In the picture below, there is strawberry sauce between the cake layers, but it is not visible.
Whip one pint of whipping cream and add vanilla and sugar to taste. Spread whipping cream on cake. You may have leftover whipping cream, depending on how thick you want the whipping cream frosting to be. Garnish top of cake with fresh strawberries.
Slice cake and garnish with additional sauce and fresh strawberries.
I am posting this with Blessed With Grace's Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.
I am also posting this with Beauty and Bedlams's Tasty Tuesday.
I am also posting this with All the Small Stuff's Tuesdays at the Table.