Welcome to Tablescape Thursday and to my Exotic Elephants Tablescape!! Come have a seat on my Red Couch while I show you around the elephants. The elephant plates are new and were a gift from Skyler, my 16 year old son, for my birthday!
At the end of this post is information about my napkin ring giveaway. I will be giving away 12 napkin rings from The Style Sisters to celebrate reaching 100 followers! The napkin rings are available in red, white, blue, and pink. See at the end of post for information about the giveaway.
Here is a better shot of the elephant plates. I just love them! Who would have thought that I would ever be the owner of elephant plates?
Since the elephants are the stars of this tablescape, I thought I should keep them happy so each elephant gets a sherbet cup full of peanuts! I found the sherbet cups at a local thrift store months ago. I was able to buy a dozen.
For the centerpiece, I tried to mimic the fruit on the head of the elephant. There are also some bananas hidden behind the pineapple.
Another view of the place setting and peanuts.
Since we are lucky enough to have elephants here with us, I thought it appropriate, and the weather cooperated, to set the table on our deck. Talley, my nine year old daughter says that elephants make the sound of "BA-ROOOO!" I was lucky enough to go on her class field trip in May to the zoo where we saw elephants!
Here is a long shot.
For a recent birthday, my nine year old daughter Talley gave me these cute pineapple plates.
I love dining outside and I hope the weather will begin to cooperate more so we can do so! We have an old Globe Willow that you can see in the background.
Another shot of the Globe Willow in the background.
An overhead shot.
Elephant Plates -- Gift from Ross
Square Plates -- Tai Pan Trading
Napkin Rings: Bed, Bath, and Beyond
Pineapple Plates: Gift from TJ Maxx
Amber Sherbet Cups: Thrift Store
Thank you for dropping by my Exotic Elephants Tablescape! Grab some peanuts on your way out!
I am posting this with Tablescape Thursday hosted by Susan At Between Naps on the Porch
Red Couch Recipes "Celebrating 100 Followers" Giveaway
1. Twelve (12) Style Sister napkin rings will be given away.
2. You must be a follower, new or old, to win the napkin rings. You can become a new follower by clicking on the follower button on the left hand side of my blog. You do not have to be a blogger to follow.
3. You must list your e-mail so that I can contact you if you win. If you are a blogger and your e-mail is not listed on your blog, please include your e-mail in the comment section.
4. You have Two Chances to win these napkin rings.
5. First chance, please click HERE to be directed to The Style Sisters and take a look at the creative ways they use their napkin rings. I love how their tablescapes pop with color; their tablescapes inspire me! Leave me a comment on this blog post telling what color(s) of napkin rings you would like if you should win! Remember, the giveaway is for 12 napkin rings; you can choose different colors (e.g., you don't have to win all one color).
6. Second chance, leave me a separate comment telling me that you are a follower. You need to leave separate comments in order to get two chances; it works better that way for Random.Org.
7. The giveaway will be decided randomly with the aid of Random.Org.
8. Only those residing in the United States and Canada are eligible to win this giveaway.
9. This giveaway will end on Friday, June 11, 2010 at 10 pm Mountain Standard Time. Only one entry per person (2 comments).
Finally, I want to thank all of you who take the time to look at and follow my blog Red Couch Recipes! I really do appreciate your support and kind words!